The first prestigious service produced by the Royal Manufactory after it acquired its royal status, the A La Reine service was issued in 1784 and the original pieces can be found today in the collections of the world’s greatest museums. The curves of its “Comte d’Artois” shape are characteristic of the elegant lines given to precious objects at the time.
Its floral decoration is characteristic of the second half of the 18th century and the reign of Louis XVI. The design includes bouquets and swathes of flowers - honeysuckle, roses, tulips, carnations and daisies - painted au naturel and in saturated colors. At the time, their studied spontaneity was designed to conceal slight imperfections in the porcelain caused by wood firing. A thin blue band at the rim highlights its gilded, scalloped border design.
Many of the original pieces are held by the Adrien Dubouché National Museum in Limoges, France.